Small Acts….Big impacts (Sunshine Fund)
The month of Love…. February! What better way to express your love for Rotary than to support our annual Sunshine Fund Members Appeal? We are launching our annual members campaign in February with two goals:
100% of our Membership Support
The Sunshine Fund Members Appeal
To Raise $4,000.00
Sunshine Fund Donations help support the many projects & initiatives of our Rotary Club. You can make a one-time donation or consider starting a monthly donation. Over 3700 children & youth will benefit from your donation.
$10.00 a month will provide nutritional snack to children in 4 local schools
$20.00 a month will provide literacy programs and put books in the hands of kids
$25.00 a month will provide Junior Achievement Programs for grade 6, 7 & 8 students
$50.00 a month will help support the COREKids After School Program
A one-time gift of $100 will help support international projects such as the Liberian Learning Centre.
Either a monthly donation or a one-time donation helps us raise the $4,000 and have 100% of our Rotary Members support the work of our Rotary Club.
Make your Sunshine Fund Members Donation. No event to sell tickets or volunteer at. A simple gesture of kindness can make a big difference in the lives of children & youth locally and internationally.
Small Acts…Big Impacts
Your support of the Sunshine Fund creates Big Impacts in our community. 100% of donations are used to support various projects and initiatives of our Rotary Club. Small acts…. that have BIG Impacts!
- $1200 to support Food4Kids
- $2000 supporting breakfast programs at St Ann’s, Prince of Wales,WH Ballard and Pauline Johnson Elementary School
- $1000 purchasing books for the Christopher Cutler Little Library Box
- $4000 to provide Junior Achievement Programs to grade 6, 7 & 8 students at Cathy Wever Elementary School
Your support of the Sunshine Members Appeal supports the COREKids After School Program, Career Exploration Day, Ethical Dilemma Essay Contest, Liberian Learning Centre and the fight against Polio. So many projects and causes that need our support. Your donation to the Sunshine Fund makes a difference in the lives of children, youth and families both locally and internationally.
Help us raise $4000 and reach our goal of 100% Member participation. Make a one-time donation or sign up for a monthly donation. Small act with BIG Impacts!
SUNSHINE FUND – 2019-2021
The Rotary Club of Hamilton holds events, fundraisers and internal Sunshine Fund Member’s Appeal Campaign to raise funds needed to support various projects and initiatives, All of these small acts create a BIG impact in our local & international Communities!
Small Acts…Big Impacts
- Our Pandemic Cares Project sourced and delivered over $6000 worth of PPE to frontline service providers during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- We support a number of projects related to inner city children and literacy – COREKids After School Program, Rotary Rocks Curling Program, Rotary Summer Literacy Program
- We fill tummies and put the smiles on the faces of over 700 local children at the Rotary Children’s Christmas Celebration
- We are raising funds to End Polio
- We are engaged in building a community centre in Liberia – The Liberian Learning Centre which will include a library
- We raised funds to support Food4Kids during the pandemic
Here is the first delivery of PPE in March 2020 during the COVID 19 Pandemic to St Leonard’s Society of Hamilton. Over $6000 worth of PPE (Masks, gloves and sanitizer) was delivered to St Leonard’s Society of Hamilton, Hamilton YMCA Men’s Shelter, and City of Hamilton Emergency Services.