Small Acts…Big Impacts.
The Rotary Sunshine Fund is the charitable arm of the Rotary Club of Hamilton. The Sunshine Fund allows Rotary the opportunity to receive donations and sponsorships and be able to acknowledge those gifts with a tax receipt under the guidelines of CRA.
The Sunshine Fund receives donations, sponsorships, hosts several special events, and the annual Member’s Sunshine Fund Appeal. All donations to the Sunshine Fund will receive a tax receipt and help to make a positive change in the lives of children, youth, and their families in our local and international communities..
Contributions to Rotary Sunshine Fund enable Rotarians to carry out humanitarian and educational projects locally and internationally. Consider making a donation, sponsoring or attending one of our special events.
Over 4500 children & youth benefit from programs and initiatives supported through the Sunshine Fund. Here are a few examples of the BIG Impact your support makes;
- COREKids – Free after school Programming in the Landsdale- Gibson Neighbourhoods
- Rotary Summer Literacy Program offers 2-3 weeks of barrier free camp style programming
- A Book for Every Child – Literacy projects that include a Little Library Box, Books, Books, Books Project and our Free Book Friday book fairs that putt over 2000 books in the hands of children & youth
These are just a few of the many examples of the great work that is done by Rotarians and Community Partners to help make a difference in the lives of children & youth. Consider being a donor, knowing you are helping make a difference. All donations are provided a tax receipt.
The Rotary Club of Hamilton’s Sunshine Fund supports the community by fundraising for various projects and initiatives.
Your donation, whether it be a one-time gift or a monthly contribution, can make a significant impact on the lives of children and youth in Hamilton and beyond. For example..
- a monthly donation of $10 can provide nutritional snacks to children in local schools,
- $20 can support literacy programs and provide books to kids, $25 can support Junior Achievement Programs for middle school students,
- $50 can help fund the COREKids After School Program.
- A one-time donation of $100 can support international projects, such as the Liberian Learning Centre.
Your donation will help our Rotary Club raise the $4,000 needed for 100% support of our club’s work. Make your donation to the Sunshine Fund today and know that you are making a difference in the lives of children and youth. No need to sell tickets or volunteer, your donation is a simple gesture of kindness that can have a big impact. Thank you!