As the New Year approaches, we often think about New Year Resolutions. New beginnings, fresh starts, reaffirmation of love and promises for a brighter future all come to mind as we ring in a New Year. There are the superficial, yet purposeful promises we make to ourselves. We resolve to get in shape, lose weight, improve career paths and the like. Then there are the heartfelt promises we make to others, whether aloud or in our minds
The New Year is a time to reflect on the changes we want or need to make. We thought that we would look back at the Rotary New Year’s Resolutions from last year. How many where you able to accomplish, how many are still on the list for 2019?
Here is a list of the top Rotary New Year’s resolutions. These are easy resolutions that will strengthen our Rotary Club:
New Year Resolutions for Rotary:
- Attend our weekly meetings – Great speakers, fellowship and networking all happen at our weekly meetings. Try to attend one additional meeting per month!
- Do a make-up – Can’t attend our meeting why not visit another Rotary Club. There are Rotary meetings worldwide.
- Invite a new member – bring a guest to Rotary and invite them to be a member. Who do you think would make a great Rotarian?
- Celebrate Rotary. Get social, share some of our Facebook posts and Tweets. Share some of the great projects, posts, picture and events of our Rotary Club on any of your social media platforms
- Wear your Rotary pin – Be proud. It is also a great tool to start a conversation about the good work that Rotary does and membership
- Get involved in a hands-on Rotary project – Volunteering is vital to Rotary. It can be a family event too. Telling Tales, Adopt-a-Park, Rotary Summer Literacy or the annual Christmas Celebration are great projects. There is also our committees – Membership, World Community Service & Youth Committee just to name a few.
- Become a Rotarian not just a member – Find your Rotary moment. What do you like best about Rotary, what talent can you share with Rotary to make a difference in the world?
- Rotary Forever Fund – Did you know that supporting the Rotary Forever Fund means we have an everlasting means to continue the good work of Rotary, not just this year but years to come.
- Make Rotary one of your Charities of Choice – Our Rotary Club does so much good in our local & international communities. Supporting the Sunshine Fund will make sure this good work continues to happen.
- Enjoy Rotary – Have some fun meeting a new Rotarian, work side by side with another Rotarian. Know that by working together we make a huge impact. Be proud to be a Rotarian in the Rotary Club of Hamilton – Over a Century of Service in Hamilton!
It seems that these New Year resolutions are goals that can and should be looked at in 2019. It is going to be an exciting year in 2019….Rotary will continue to change and adapt, meet the needs of children locally and internationally and we will enjoy the fellowship of Rotarians. Happy New Year!