A time of year that we usually gather with friends and family, enjoy festivities, fall fairs, dinners and get togethers. This Thanksgiving weekend is different. As we deal with a second wave of the COVID 19 Pandemic, our festivities are smaller, dinners may be without extended family and friends, fairs and events are all virtual.
It is a difficult time for all of us. On this Thanksgiving we still have so much to be thankful for. Many of us are in good health, surrounded by family and friends and have security of home and careers. Together we will get thru this pandemic, and next year we can gather around one large table and enjoy a meal and fellowship together.
As Rotarians, we have so much to be thankful for. We are thankful for having a vibrant Rotary Club filled with caring members.
- Rotarians who stayed connected with Talk To Me Thursdays and our Rotary @ Noon Meetings
- Rotarians who delivered $6000 of PPE to frontline service providers during the pandemic shutdown
- Rotarians who made sure that the annual Rotary Summer Literacy Program took place safely and benefitted so many children and youth by bring literacy education to them
- Our Lunch For A Cause virtual fundraiser supporting Food4Kids, helping make sure no child goes hungry
- Rotarians continue the fight to eradicate Polio
Yes, as Rotarians we are thankful to be able to make a difference in our community, in the lives of children, youth and their families and there are many who are thankful for the work that Rotarians do.
We are thankful for our dedicated and committed Rotary members helping create positive change around the world. Take a moment during Thanksgiving to enjoy the contributions that Rotarians like you make in the world. Happy Thanksgiving!