Today we are launching our annual Children’s Christmas Celebration. This is our Rotary Club’s largest hands on service project. If you ever wonder why you are a Rotarian, this is the reason. We will fill the tummies and put the smiles on over 700 inner city children.
The committee has been working on all the details to make sure this annual event is a huge success. Now we need all Club Members help to make this the best Christmas ever for these kids. It will be a magical day on Thursday December 12th at Cathy Wever School.
How can Rotarians and Friends help?
- We need volunteers on December 12th. We need help setting up tables and chairs, serving food, helping the kids and clean-up. Volunteer shifts will be available soon set up starts at 8am and food service starts at 10:15am. We wrap the entire event up by 1:30pm and volunteers are then invited to have some turkey dinner
- Virtual Stockings – We need to fundraise to cover the $10,000 cost of this magical day. Virtual Stockings are available on our website. Every $20 donation covers the cost of food and book/gift for 3 children and you get a tax receipt. We hope that every Rotarian will support this project. Encourage your friends, family and contacts to get a virtual stocking and help feed 3 children
- Be an Elf Sponsor – Why not get your family & friends together and sponsor a class at the Elf Level. Take a look and see how you can support the Children’s Christmas Celebration by being a sponsor – information on our website
- Share in information – We will be doing weekly emails and social media. We need to spread the word, so please share. Like and retweet. Send an email out to your contacts encouraging them to support this magical day.
- Dec 11th – We will need a few volunteers from 5pm -7:30pm to help wrap books and gifts for the kids – more information to come
Together we can make December 12th a Magical Day for 700 children. We can only do it with your help and support. Take time to review the sponsorship information attached, visit our website www.rotaryclubhamilton.ca to make your donation and reach out to friends and family to seek support and volunteers.
It is an exciting day, and we know that the Members of the Rotary Club of Hamilton and all of our Rotary Friends will step up to the challenge and make it a magical event…..remember Santa is watching!