Gore Park Outreach

Event Details

Gore Park Community Outreach started on Feb 13, 2021 with 6 volunteers on a winter stormy day and we served 35 guests around Gore Park.  They started with peanut butter and jam sandwiches and a big pot of chicken noodle soup

They are a collaborative and inclusive outreach that is 100% volunteer based.

Currently, they are serving around 700 weekly with about 100 plus volunteers serving at the front line and another and helping prepare the meals and supplies.  Gore Park Community Outreach is a collaboration of many different organizations to help people in need within our community.

When they first started, the focus was serving the homeless around Gore Park.  Currently, 80% of the people they serve are seniors, people with disabilities and families with children, refugees, post secondary students, and the other 20% are people living in shelters and those experiencing homelessness every Saturday in Gore Park.

Our speaker will be Jeffrey Ng. Jeffery was in the corporate world for 30 years and his last position was the Canadian Business Unit Manager for ITW (a Fortune 200 company). He left the corporate world in 2015 and entered the life of service ever since. Awarded the Community Spirit Award in 2017. Order of Hamilton and Paul Harris Fellow Award in 2023.

Our Rotary @ Noon Meetings typically include a mix of networking, informative presentations, and updates on our ongoing projects. This is a great opportunity to connect with local professionals, community leaders, and like-minded individuals who are passionate about making a difference while enjoying lunch.

Join us for one of our Rotary @ Noon Meetings, invite a friend or colleague to participate in networking, community building and hear a dynamic speaker