Rotary and the coronavirus impact.
We are reopening our Rotary Club of Hamilton in several phases. Through all stages, public health and safety will remain the number one priority, while balancing the needs of our Members and the community and organizations we serve.
The Rotary Club of Hamilton will follow the lead of the Province of Ontario and take direction from the provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health, our local Medical Officer of Health and other public health officials. Advice from these professionals will determine the speed that we proceed through the phases of reopening and will help to determine if health and safety measures need to be adjusted at any time.
The health and safety of all participants in Rotary programs, meetings, and events is of paramount importance. No in-person meeting or event shall be mandatory for any Rotary participant who may feel uncomfortable attending because of the pandemic.
Pre- Opening Phase
- Rotary Meetings and activities including fundraisers have been paused, cancelled or reschedule
- In-person meetings and functions are cancelled.
- Virtual platforms will be utilized to host Rotary Meetings and Board Meetings
- Talk To Me Thursday – 7pm virtual social meetings
- Start to schedule Noon time Rotary Meetings (using a virtual platform) on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month
- Introduction of Noon-time meetings to include a regular program (speaker, Duty Roster and Rotary Business Sessions)
- Start up of “Service Projects” that maintain safety of participants and physical distancing protocols
- Rotary Board of Director to continue to meet on a virtual platform
- Rotary Committees to use a virtual platform to meet
- Service to our Community continues
Phase Two: (Some items from Phase One will continue)
- A gradual phase in of fellowship and/or social activities of our Rotary Club
- The ability to execute and operate fundraising activities
- Increase in “hands on” service projects
- The planning of in-person Rotary Meetings (new format)
- The start-up of regular Noon-time meetings
- The operations of service projects and fundraisers
- Engagement in the community
- Rotary Board of Directors Meeting in-person
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Re-Opening Framework, please send an email to President Alex Moroz at firstname.lastname@example.org